Monday, October 26, 2015

Alice - Dir. Woody Allen

Number 2 down Woody Allen Avenue. Alice came as part of a 20 movie box set that I bought - at a steal, it was €30 - and what sold me to the movie, initally was the stellar cast, including Joe Mantegna.
*le sigh*
Sometimes, being drawn to a movie because of a certain someone isn't always a good idea but this time it paid off.  

Alice, played by Mia Farrow, becomes disenchanted with her life as a socialite housewife and mother of 2.  Searching for some relief from her back pain, she goes to a Chinese herbalist.  After her visit she embarks on an affair and travels down a path of 'self-discovery'.

I adore Mia Farrow, so this pair up was splendid for me.  The film was full of vibrant colours and such a winner for numero duo.

It was easy watch, something to throw on in the background, something that I could pay half my attention to and still follow, which is sometimes all that you need, and yet it was still so wonderful to have on in the background.  I think that's the beauty of Woody Allen movies - they're stunning but at the same time they are so easy to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment